JBL NO3 Nitrate Test:
Healthy aquarium/healthy pond with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium/pond. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium/pond. To maintain a healthy aquarium/pond with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
Nitrate is the end product of the mineralisation in the aquarium/pond. Even in relatively high concentrations it is non-toxic for fish, but has an adverse effect on plant growth and the well-being of several fish species. Furthermore too high nitrate contents promote unwanted algae growth if phosphate is present in the water as well as nitrate.
Recommended nitrate values:
Freshwater aquarium (community aquarium): 0-50 mg/l
Lake Malawi/Lake Tanganyika aquarium: 0-50 mg/l
Plant aquarium with few fish (aquascaping): 10-30 mg/l
Marine aquarium: 0-20 mg/l
Pond: 0-10 mg/l.
- Determines optimum nitrate value for ideal plant growth or possible cause of algae in freshwater and marine water
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate any inherent water colouring: fill glass vials with sample water, add reagents to another vial, place vials in holder, read values on colour chart
- When to use: for setting up a new freshwater aquarium: once a week. For initial setup with marine water: once a week. In case of green algae problems
- Online Laboratory: free analysis and recommendations for the water values you have measured
- Package contents: 1 quick test, nitrate test NO3. Contents for approx. 50 measurements, incl. 2 reagents, 2 glass vials with screw caps, syringe, dosing spoon, comparator block and colour scale. Reagent refill separately available