Large Multi-level LCD Displays ppt, PSU or S.G.
Exposed Temperature Probe for Fast Response
Simple Two-Button Operation
Hanna Instruments HI98319 is a salinity tester made specifically for the saltwater aquarium enthusiest and can measure salinity up to 70.00 ppt. The rugged waterproof tester is only 0.7″ thick and extremely ergonomic, fitting comfortably in your hand. The HI98319 keeps things simple with a two-button operation; one for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.
The salinity tester features a large multi level LCD which displays either ppt, PSU or specific gravity along with temperature. Temperature can be set to display in oC or oF. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated measurements. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. A battery percent level indicator is displayed at start up to alert the user of the remaining battery power that is available.
Salinity readings are performed by an amperometric graphite probe that resists oxidation, providing better repeatability in measurements. The use of graphite also reduces the polarization effect common with testers that use two stainless steel pins.
Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode, the probe is placed in 35.00 ppt calibration standard. When the standard value is recognized and stability reached, the meter will automatically accept and store the value.
Setup options include an adjustable automatic shut-off in which the meter can be set to turn off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
HI98319 waterproof salinity tester provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to determine the salt concentration in saltwater aquariums.
Features at a Glance
Seawater Salinity by Conductivity
- All salinity measurements displayed on the large multi-level LCD are calculated from a conductivity measurement based upon known tables including the International Oceanographic Tables for ppt readings.
Choice of Measurement Units
- Displays results in parts per thousand (ppt), Practical Salinity Units (PSU), or specific gravity (S.G.).
Automatic Temperature Compensation
- Conductivity measurements are very sensitive to temperature variations. HI98319 has an exposed temperature sensor for a rapid temperature compensated salinity measurement.
- Reduces polarization effects common testers that use with stainless steel and does not oxidize resulting in a reliable and accurate readings.
- A 35.00 ppt solution is used for calibration and automatically recognized when in calibration mode.
- Selectable from 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled.
Long Battery Life
- Approximately 100 hours of continuous use.
Plastic Carrying Case
- The 98319 is supplied complete with meter and 35 ppt calibration sachets in a durable plastic storage case.